The Golden Rule
The Golden Rule: Take care of your hair extensions as you would take care of your own naturally growing hair. Glam Seamless hair extensions are made with premium 100% Remy human hair which can be styled and washed just like your own hair. Maintaining your hair extensions is easy with the correct aftercare and daily at-home maintenance. With proper care, hair extensions can last 9-12 months, or more, depending on the amount of wear. Keep in mind, the more you wash and style your extensions, the shorter their lifespan will be. Try to keep washing and product use to a minimum, and follow our recommended at-home, expert hair care tips below.
At-home Hair Care Tips
- For ready to wear or "DIY" hair extensions, wash every 5 wears.
- For semi-permanent hair extensions, wash 2-3 times per week.
- Always use a paraben-free and sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner with your hair extensions, regardless if they are ready to wear or semi-permanent.
- Avoid washing your newly installed extensions for a minimum of 48-72 hours after application. Use care when washing your hair the first time, be sure to not pull, twist, or rub the extensions. Do not use any product on the roots or scalp (except shampoo), and only condition from mid-length to ends.
- Brush your hair 2-3 times a day to keep your extensions tangle-free.
- Sleeping with a silk pillowcase like our Glamorous Dream Silk Pillowcase is super luxurious and helps prevent damage and keeps hair breakage-free.
Always brush your hair before you step into the shower. This allows you to get your extensions tangle-free before getting them wet. Wet hair is more vulnerable to breakage and damage from pulling. . Using a shampoo and conditioner that is specifically formulated for your extensions will increase the longevity of your hair. Our specially formulated Cleanse Shampoo, Hydrate Conditioner, 24/7 Leave-in Spray will give your extensions the extra hydration and protection needed for additional shine and manageability. To hydrate, apply the First Class Mask once per week from mid-lengths to ends. Tame frizz and flyaways by applying the Silky Smooth Serum weekly to your hair extensions, mid-lengths to ends.
- Use daily: 24/7 Leave-in Conditioner, Flexible Brush, Glamorous Dream Silk Pillowcase
- Use 2-3 times a week: Cleanse Shampoo, Hydrate Conditioner, Silky Smooth Serum
- Use once a week: First Class Mask
Washing Your Extensions
Your hair is literally a sponge when it is wet. Using nourishing ingredients such as Argan Oil, Apricot Oil, and Green Tea Extracts will keep your extensions hydrated and healthy. Allow hair to air dry whenever possible to minimize heat exposure and damage.
Apply shampoo evenly throughout hair, do not rub or massage vigorously when washing. Rinse thoroughly with warm water and gently squeeze out excess water.
After using shampoo, apply conditioner evenly throughout wet hair, from mid-strands to ends. Avoid any bond areas where extensions are applied and direct scalp application. Leave on for 2-3 minutes before rinsing well with warm water. Pat gently to dry.
Once a week apply a mask by using a generous amount into clean, wet hair from mid-strands to ends. If you wear tape-ins, avoid the tape bond areas of the extensions and scalp. Leave on for 10-15 minutes and rinse well with warm water. Pat dry, style as usual.
Unlike your own naturally growing hair, hair extensions don’t have a natural hydration source from the oils on your scalp. Brush your hair 2-3 times a day to stimulate blood flow to the scalp, which helps healthy hair growth. *Pro tip: Brush your hair from the ends up to the roots, and then flip your head upside down and brush your hair from the nape to the crown to distribute oil from your scalp to your hair. Before you go to sleep make sure to wear your hair in a loose braid or bun for effortlessly glam hair in the morning.
- Prevent tangling and matting with our 24/7 Leave-in Conditioner.
- Before styling your hair and applying heat, use a Thermal Protecting Spray.
- Use the Silky Smooth Serum from mids to ends (on dry or wet hair) to help with the toughest of tangles, plus smooth frizz and flyaways.
- Protect your investment with the Glamorous Dream Silk Pillowcase by reducing split ends and preventing tangled and matted hair by morning.
- Never sleep with wet hair.
*Pro tip: After using the 24/7 Leave-in Conditioner spray, use a dime size amount of the Silky Smooth Serum (mid to ends) for hydration. You can also use the silky smooth serum when your hair is dry as well. Throughout the week apply it 2-3 times on the mid to ends of your dry hair.